Saturday, February 6, 2010

Don’t Generalize!

Generalizing is one of the most common things one resorts to while proving a point. I have myself used it several times while discussing various issues like Religion, Countries, Language, and Politics etc. I have come to realize that it’s not the most positive way to prove a point or build opinions or attitudes.

Recently after watching the Russell Peter’s show , I noticed that he did generalize a lot and somehow indirectly helped build opinions about people , although I do agree that most of it is true , but forming opinions on what you hear is nothing but sheer mendacity , which I do believe one should NOT resort to.

If you know someone who falls under a specific category, then give the person a chance to prove otherwise. And to those people, who tend to generalize very often, STOP NOW! (That goes out to me as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment