Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Republic Day ...

It’s almost midnight 27th January 2009; I left office at 11.00 pm 26th January 2010. On my way back home I witnessed the below,
1. Faith: A boy not more than 20 years old ,had parked his bike at the corner of the highways, had taken his helmet, his shoes off and was on his knee’s bowing to a temple on the other side of the Highways. He did that thrice by the time my cab passed him.. I was baffled as this was the first time I saw something like this.

2. Predictability : About 4 Km’s from the first incident , As my cab was reached the KR puram under bridge , we almost met with an accident , I gasped out of fear and made a noise which sounded like the geckos that create sound , I guess its sign of bad luck

3. Death: About a 300 meters from the under bridge is a Speed breaker, A man lying on his front under his bike, was bald, was motionless, his plastic helmet had not helped, the crowd was consumed by fear and no one wanted to touch him. No one wanted to check his pulse, no one wanted to stop, not even our driver, for the fear of being taken to the police station for a statement, and no one has the time. Right?

All of these above incidents are stuck in my mind. How strong is one’s faith is toward something he worships does that make us responsible humans , responsible towards our country , our people ,, how unpredictable your day can be, I could have been the one dead , and how death comes to you when you least expect it.
India has definitely lost its value for life, and no amount of faith in our human system can help restore it.

Happy Republic day all … or should what the hell are we celebrating about!

No comments:

Post a Comment