Saturday, January 23, 2010

Possessive : To be or Not to be

Its Saturday 4.00pm. As I take a peek at my past and how closely the title relates to my past actions, I wonder what the limit should be to one being possessive. This particular trait, if I may call it that has been a part of me for some time now, its hard thing to do away with. I thought it was only a problem limited to myself , but after speaking to a lot of my girl friends , I now know that there are several women out there who suffer with the same emotions and I’m sure there are lot of women throughout the world who fight every day to put those feeling behind or hide it from those who matter .

Is it really right to hide it or ignore that you feel this way? Suffer with it and don’t let anyone know how you feel, Can one deal with that creepy feeling on their own? How should the other person react to this awful feeling of insecurity? As usual I have so many questions, it’s my fight I need to deal with it now and I need to deal with it right.

I look at this one prayer that was sent to me by a friend, on self-worth, I think Possessiveness is a direct result of insecurity. However, insecurity only comes in when the person who should assure you is not doing a very good job of it.

Possessiveness is applicable to any relationship, and it’s of utmost importance that both parties understand each other’s short comings and work with each out to ensure they feel safe in the relationship. I truly believe that enough communication and re-assurance can play a very positive part in discarding the unconstructive feelings resulting and eradicating every emotion, feeling that is a byproduct of INSECURITY.

Men and women are different , and their emotional needs are poles apart , how they harmonize with each other is the key to a successful relationship , I’m sure we have read a whole lot of research which has gone into exactly segregating these emotional requests. But how many of us really do understand the opposite sex and want to work with them through their trials? Each relationship is different and when it does not work you know you have not done enough to save it from drowning. We rather suffer separately than work things out. The patience level has reduced to mere egoistic trips that both men and women prefer and want than, to rebuild a broken relationship.
our parents were really lucky, as they preferred working things out than just letting each other down and go their separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment