Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael rest in peace and thank you for making such great music.


I mourn the death of one of my much loved singer today.


I’m not much of a fan for Hollywood movies stars. But I have a special place in my heart for musicians. The fact that music is best part of being alive makes me bow to people who make it.

It was post 12’noon, when I finally woke up after a late night, to hear of the latest news that had hit the late hours of US and early hours of India. Hey “Michael Jackson died this morning! Is all I heard?

It was quite a shock per say with disbelief. As usual the news was unbelievable and thought of as a hoax, until it got confirmed on my way to office. The fact that he was to perform his last concert in London for his 50th and for one last time and making possible for his fans to truly enjoy the spirit and excitement he brought into his music now will remain a lost dream. It also made me think of how unpredictable life really was and further strengthened my belief in the saying “life is what happens to you while you’re making plans”.
My Past with Michael,
I grew up listening to his music in the late 80’s and have been and avid fan since. The fact that Michael was dragged into some senseless controversies, his self abusive nature, did not affect me in the least and I’m sure all his fans as well.
His music did not limit itself to entertainment but fascinated me, was momentous and thought of as very consequential to the world. His music brought awareness, promoted solidarity, an aura of incredibly inimitable flamboyancy, which captured once imagination at its highest point. I’m Glad he was part of the 80’s and we got to witness four decades of marvelous music.
As I write this, several funny instances come to my mind. This one particular episode of my school life is closely tied into memories of Michaels one very special song “ Remember the time “ as part of the co-curricular team in the 9th grade back in 1996 I think, some my mates decided to entertain peers with their dancing skills and dragged me into it as a scapegoat . After much thought and discussion, it was decided that we’ll replicate the video which we had all watched on MTV and loved. I was to play the part of the queen as I proved to be a nuisance and had issue synchronizing with other very good dancers. So all I had to do was sit around and act coy ;). Although that performance never made it to the stage, it was an experience and definitely worth it. I have several such incidents of my school life where Michael pictured,“Heal the world”, Just beat it , you’re not alone , are some such songs which have a special place in my heart.

As a promise to keep the spirit of Michael's music alive, I hope to tell my Children and grand children all about him and make them listen to his music. He was truly a legend.
Michael rest in peace and thank you for making such great music.

No comments:

Post a Comment