Friday, July 17, 2009

Hard Work..........



......Beats talent, when talent does not work hard.

The true way to render ourselves happy is to love our work and find in it our pleasure. Sometimes after being in the same company and doing the same thing, seems monotonous, however, I can’t say that about my Job. I have been with my current employment for the past 4 years and still feel like it’s just been a short while and there is so much more to learn and achieve and most of all , so much more to give back .

Although this is just my second job and I have been working for the 7 years now, I saw myself as a stable person when it came to staying at a same place. Not because i was comfortable and would stay in a place cause it paid well, even if i sucked at it .Because,I brought passion, zeal to excel, a unique quality and that is an appetite to learn more, take on the role of the sponge and suck it all up.No amount of politics could bog me down, in the interim, I do my best to keep up to my own expectations of being focused .

Although, my first job started off in a BPO industry, it was not much of learning; however, it set me to do well in next job.It was good foundations and it built my confidence. I could take on challenges, I did not think I could before. It taught me to be candid when things were broken.It made me receptive to feedback whatever it was. Good or bad, I learnt how to take the good and excel further, and do better on the opportunities.

I came to realize, that it did not matter what line of work you were into, if you had the passion, you could conquer anything. Whether you build rockets or just sat around and helped out a customer with some accounts information or just painted walls. The learning was immense, the trick of the trade is what matters. A job well done, definitely deserves a pat on the back and a crappy job deserves a Wack .

I have super hyper tendencies of taking things seriously , when people don’t pay attention or don’t respond with the same exigency on things . The casual behavior always pisses me off and somehow can’t stand it. There are good days and bad day and today the 16th of July 2009, was definitely a good day.

Today, I was requested to interview a candidate and I can tell you that this was a no same old ask questions kind of an interview. The candidate was somewhere in the emirates. I must say that I completely impressed and almost had tears in my eyes when I walked out of the conference room. The person was very concerned and wanted to know about the role. After a 30 min overseas call, which unfortunately the candidate paid for, even after me telling her I would call, we both definitely were touched by each others passions for what it meant to work and do well.

We ended the conversation, with appreciative words for each other, which I’m sure not a lot of interviews end up this way. I patted my back because, I was able to enthuse her with my words, not because I wanted her to join badly, but because I wanted her to know, what was expected of her. She ended the conversations with excited words and how I had instilled her confidence in what was in store for her. A job well done I must say!!




Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun.

Colleen C. Barrett:

No comments:

Post a Comment