Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shoes Shoes and More Shoes, a different Obsession !


An interesting thing happened the other day. I decided to wear pair high heeled shoes with nice pointy Heels that I've owned for almost 4 years now. During a conversation with my colleagues, and trying to mock one of them by making a funny gesture, like a dance mock. I broke my heel, just like that in a jiffy, I had a broken heel. My nice expensive, beautiful Cream and Black pointy stilettos saw its destruction, and it felt like my heart just burst into a million shreds. The Broken heel was irreparable.
I went to the mall, walked straight to the footwear section, chose a piece, and got it billed. And was satisfied with the pick, just a bit though. Anyway, here I’m trying to walk out of the mall and I see the Addidas store and walk straight into it and start checking out the loafers /floaters whatever you call them , try on more designs and then Wala! I pick myself another pair and get back to the office.
Here I’m still kind of mourning the demise of my broken stilettos, yet happy with the new additions, and attention-grabbing conversation begins. What’s the limit for the number of shoes one should own? Fair question I must say, someone said they owned about 12 pairs, someone said 8 pairs. When I was asked, I said I own 60 Pairs. It’s true, I know it’s a lot… but they are all so pretty, I could not part with them.
The conversation got a bit more interesting and led to second questions, Are you single? And my answer was yes, but how does that matter? Single or attached , I know I would still end up buying more shoes and bags and other accessories, unless of course I loose all my money , my job ( touch wood) .
Ok so what does being single, got to do with owning 60 pairs of shoes!! . Is this a women way of filling the absence of a man in her life? Will getting a man mean, she would stop buying shoes …



What is it that makes women buy more footwear?

Myths:
Loneliness ( Oh Hell No !!)

Wasting Precious Money (not if you make them last for 7 years they still look new)

Facts :
Dressing for the occasion (what would the fashion Industry do without us woman? We feed so many because we buy what they design?)
Compliments from other woman (You’re contributing to the growth of the economy, in a way Free Marketing for the brands)
To get a mate (Men are attracted to nice legs, I think, and shoes beautify your feet and legs)

I also heard my friend say, that stilettos are a total turn on, although he only looks, 16 yrs (physically that is)

Major Fact, We have a thing for Shoes, just like men have a thing for Gadgets.

Kapish?

No comments:

Post a Comment